Starting a Therapy Group: Essentials
Sat Feb.23, 2019 9:00-4:30pm 5 CE credits
Would you like to learn or refresh your skills about forming a successful therapy group?
In this course you will have the opportunity to learn:
- Insider tips and basics for forming a new group
- How to minimize absences and drop-outs with a group agreement
- Leadership skills which will improve the effectiveness of your group
- Tips for developing and maintaining referral resources
You will also have the opportunity to voluntarily participate in an experiential group for training purposes and then have the opportunity to discuss this experience. This will help you apply the knowledge you have gained from the didactic portion of the course.
- Location: Mountain View, CA
- 5 CE Credits for Licensed PSY, MFT, LPCC, LCSW
- Early Bird Fee: $100 for clinicians, $75 for graduate students/associates
- Standard Registration Fee: After February 11th $110 for clinicians, $85 for graduate students/associates
- SAVE $$ BY REGISTERING FOR THE 4-PART SERIES: $350 licensed clinicians, $250 students/associates
Course Presenter: Nancy Wesson, Ph.D., CGP, (Certified Group Psychotherapist), is a Licensed Psychologist (PSY 9621) and founder of the Center for the Study of Group Psychotherapy (CSGP). She has studied group therapy for over 27 years and has been trained by Dr. Irvin Yalom and the American Group Psychotherapy Association. Dr. Wesson has 17 years of experience teaching group therapy courses, and has led two weekly psychotherapy groups for 27 years.
Email Dr. Wesson for more information: DrNWesson@CSGP.org
CSGP is approved by the California Psychological Association to provide continuing professional education for psychologists and BBS licensed professionals. CSGP maintains responsibility for this program and its contents .Provider No. PCE 5391. Refund policy: CSGP.org.